Sunday 20 July 2014

Showcase Sunday #1

So I found out about Showcase Sunday by going to the Books Biscuits and Tea blogsite and  the aim of Showcase Sunday is to highlight our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders each week, and this is my first ever Showcase! I haven't done one before because I have only just started to collect books to read again but I will share will you all the books that I have received this week :) 



The first of the bundle of books I want to share is The Spooks Curse by Joseph Delaney; The second sequel to the The Wardstone Chronicles. As soon as I finished the first book, I instantly went out to search for the second and I am currently in the middle of reading that one right now. My review for the first book in the Wardstone Chronicles, The Spooks Apprentice can be found here! Go check it out :) 




The second book I have picked up is The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R Carey. I practically bought this book purely on the basis of the amount of great reviews it has received and I didn't really think of looking at what the book was really about. To be honest though, the blurb doesn't give much away, but it did give me a feeling that something not quite right was hidden in this book and I just had to give it a go. I was definitely right though.. I'm not going to give anything away, but reading the first couple of chapters in this book and I was completely hooked. Go buy it! I already know this books going to be a keeper. 





The third book I managed to find is Half a King by . I managed to get this book for just £4 seen as I had amazon gift vouchers I thought why not! I have heard that this book is an amazing, fantasy filled book with all the twists and plot points and wonderful characters that I would love to read about. I couldn't actually find a negative review about this book and that must mean something right? Can't wait to start reading this.



No comments:

Post a Comment